With years of experience in relocation services, we can help you make a smooth and stress free transition from one office to another. With your servers, telephone systems, IT, gas and electricity suppliers, locks and security, flooring and air-conditioning, and many more all needing to be transferred we can help you navigate your move with ease. Our structured data cabling communications checklist is the perfect way to make sure that your business avoids common mistakes and arrives at its new location intact and operational.
Often one of the biggest concerns when relocating offices is what to do if you are moving STD codes (e.g. from an 0208 STD to an 0207 STD). We have the experience and knowledge to make this process of relocating lines smooth and easy, with no loss of service.
With us on board, licensed conveyancers DC Law suffered no delays when they relocated to a new office suite, even though the move required shifting its ISDN30 fixed line service and telephone system hardware. We took on the management of the project - taking responsibility for scheduling, arranging site surveys and engineer visits prior to the ISDN30’s installation. Our telephony engineers then relocated the Samsung telephone system on an ‘outside normal office hours’ basis so there was minimal impact on the company’s operations.
But our experience of relocations goes beyond telephony to the very core of a company’s infrastructure. As an example, take Thurrock Thames Gateway Development corporation (TTGDC). The company contacted us to help them relocate from a fully serviced office to a new site. This complex relocation involved liaising with the client as well as other additional service providers, a full case study is online here.
Relocating is a job that needs to be shared and we’re the people to give you a hand.
In the meantime, here is our Office Relocations Check-list to get you started!
Four Months Before
• Choose a move coordinator
• Set a budget for the move
• Decide what improvements you need
• Select new office location
• Order new phone lines
• Choose commercial estate agent and building managers
• Order new address labels
Two Months Before
• Think about the date of move
• Decide whether you will use a mover or move yourself
• If you decide on a mover, learn the prices and schedules of several moving companies
• If you will move by yourself, learn the prices of several truck rental companies
• Make a list of inventory
• Declare existing damages of your inventory
• Work out the a floor plan of new office
• Plan office space
• Plan moving schedule
• Discuss the insurance during the move with your agent
• Prepare the move schedules and instructions for your staff
• Order Internet access and additional phone lines for a new office
• Order new furniture if required
One Month Before
• Inform any customers and other clients about the change of address
• Order video surveillance / CCTV system
• Change the address on your web site
• Order keys and access cards for new office
• Update post cards, checks and other financial records
• Order coffee service for a new office
• Arrange the storage of the papers
• Prepare cartons, moving crates and other packing materials
• Order new stationery and utilities
• Pack up some of things that are not in use till the move
• Tag packed things and send them to a new location
• Check the requirements of any move permits
• Arrange disconnection of all utilities in old office and their connection in a new one
Two Weeks Before
• Arrange cleaning and carpeting if required in a new office
• Make and distribute a contact list to find each employee at the day of the move
• Distribute the plan of the move to all employees
• Arrange the lift and loading dock on the day of the move
• Send the information about changing your address to all who will need it
• Return borrowed things
Give us a call and we’ll send you the rest of our check list!